Disco D. post repair piece

landi41

Hi All;

I think i have this right by calling it the D post it's part numbers STC378 RH and STC379 LH anyway its the bit that the rear door closes against...and forms the front part of the wheel well...my 1996 Disco ones are rusted out out just below the door striker (common i understand)... I think they need replacing by welding new pieces in...

Does anyone do aftermarket pieces to repair that area? any leads?

Thanks.......

Never seen any Dave but yes they all go there... pick it up early and treat it with rust killer is what we usually do here and then it usually needs doing every couple of years but I have never seen one replaced - perhaps there is a repair kit available like there is for bulkhead corners.

Never seen any Dave but yes they all go there... pick it up early and treat it with rust killer is what we usually do here and then it usually needs doing every couple of years but I have never seen one replaced - perhaps there is a repair kit available like there is for bulkhead corners.

Hi Stephen;

I found the repair pieces quite by accident, they are available from the MPS 4X4 store http://www.mps4x4store.co.uk/about.htm in the UK part number DCRRA @ 36.50 GBp each VAT inclusive.....looks like they will weld right in.......compare that with Land Rover genuine at over 250.00 GBp

And yes, most Discos seem to rust at that point.........I'm going to order up a pair and will report later....

Thanks for your input........