Distribution board

I currently have a mix of busbars, fuses and relays in my battery box but need to move them out to make way for putting two batteries in.

I am minded to try and run a full battery =ve and -ve to a distribution box to be built on the rear bulkhead. The upper vertical part of the bulkhead is just over 6" high.

I wondered if anyone has done this and either has some pictures or can recommend where I can get suitable components. I did wonder about the VWP distribution box since it does look reliable, robust and nicely professional but it seems to clamp onto the battery terminal directly and I think it will be a bit crowded down there. My sandwich box experiments to date do not look nearly so neat :ph34r:

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks - Malcy

I have used the same box as Luke has to put a distribution box together. I ran a +ve and -Ve battery lead to a fixed post, then seperate wires for each of the 12 fuses I have on the fuse holder. I also fitted the 5 relays reqired in there as well.

I then run to the various bits and pieces, mostly from a loom ran inside a couple of metres of convoluted tubing.

Its not the neatest, but was fairly cheap and easy to do.