alternator problem

i am trying to upgrade my alternator in my 200tdi defender to a 100A unit. i had a scout on the forum and it was suggested that i order a disco alternator so i ordered AMR4248R as from what i could gater this would be an easy swap. but AMR4248R seems to be a right hand mount, ie drivers side rather than the left hand mount i wanted. just wondering what part number i need and if the place has supplied the worng part or in my usual stupidity i have ordered the wrong part thanks for the help.

also should i be able to see the part number on the alternator anywhere as it could be the wrong lable on the box. there is a test sheet that has A127I 12V 100A at the top which concerns me as on the website of the place that i ordered it form this A127 is mentioned with the AMR4247 which is the V8 alt and this is wrong.

If it does, all you have to do is described here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=159241

that is what i had read and why i got the amr4248. but the alternator i have will fit on the drivers side of an engine and the one i need should fit on the passengers. i am really just confirming that the part number amr4248 is the correct number. i think possibly the worng sticker could have been put on the box as there is a V8 alternator with a similar number but doesnt fit. but i cannot see any number on the actual alternator. it kind of sucks as the landy is in pieces at the moment and i cannot put it back together untill a correct alternator is supplied.

AMR4248 is the correct part#.

At this moment the only person to tell if you really got 4248 (and not 4247 or something else) is you.

If you can't positively identify the unit against the pictures in this forum or elsewhere on the net then post pictures here so you can get help. Simple as that :)

Tonka, if it is the correct alternator but the wrong hand, then withdraw the long bolts holding it together and rotate the case, now it will fit the other hand :)

Mo

thanks just went to take the photo and had a similare thought. what a wally. please excuse my stupidity.

i'm shure i will have some other issues with this to sort out later.