Clonk developed

swiftkick

Hi,

My freelander has developed a clonking sound when going over speedhumps etc. Its only when the left front wheel hits. The noise comes from the centre / left of the car near the dash / gear selector area. I've looked under but everything seems okay no loose suspension etc. Wondered if the wishbone is worn or something. Also the left rear wheel makes a knocking sound in the hub when I shake it vigorously when it's parked. What do we think these could be?

Cheers

Hi,

My freelander has developed a clonking sound when going over speedhumps etc. Its only when the left front wheel hits. The noise comes from the centre / left of the car near the dash / gear selector area. I've looked under but everything seems okay no loose suspension etc. Wondered if the wishbone is worn or something. Also the left rear wheel makes a knocking sound in the hub when I shake it vigorously when it's parked. What do we think these could be?

Cheers

Sound like the wish bone ball joint

I have noticed that the anti roll bar has possibly moved as I can see a shiny part which is normally under the bracket is now 1" to the left. Could be fouling the body of the car when I hit a bump? What would allow the ARB to move over like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Took it to the garage today - needed two anti roll bar bushes and clamps - £5.10 each plus vat !! Picking them up later. Are they a hassle to fit? Last time I did new ARB bushes on a car they were difficult. Are these ones the split type or do I need to take ARB off completely?

I could do it in about 20 mins

Cheers for that - did it yesterday and took about an hour - mainly because the left side has exhaust in the way and didn't have correct tools. Had to make do with a 10mm spanner as extensions to clear cat were wrong size!

Cheers for that - did it yesterday and took about an hour - mainly because the left side has exhaust in the way and didn't have correct tools. Had to make do with a 10mm spanner as extensions to clear cat were wrong size!

Alot to be said for the correct tools