Rip-off or VFM?

ThreeSheds

I just got a quote for a blower motor/fan assy for a 1991 Disco - £123!!! :angry: Thats 1/5 of the value of the vehicle! So now I'll have to try and get a 2nd hand one and in the mean time I have ANOTHER immobile Land Rover sitting on the front. And I was thinking about having a go at my first RTV trial next weekend...

I thought about assembling it without the fan just to get it mobile, but strip/assemble is a 4 hour job each way... Unless perhaps I just put the instruments and essential switch gear back on... Is a demister a legal requirement?

Sometimes I despair - I buy cheep cars because I have little money and then spend what I have on keeping them running...

TwoSheds

Sorry - just spotted the amusing change of handle... At least that made me smile :lol:

TreeSheds

where did you find a supplier? last I heard they were no longer avialble as new units... price dosn't really surprise me though <_<

It was Simmonites that quoted the price - I didn't bother getting him to check for availability...

Sorry Hayward4x4 - I didn't notice your post earlier - I managed to find one on eBay for £35 delivered which has now arrived and is in pretty good condition - so I am pleased with that. I will be fitting it over the next couple of days.

My other eBay purchase of late I am not so pleased with - it's a headlight described as 'good condition' which has rust on the reflector... :(

Emptor Caveat I guess... Do you have any O/S headlights too?

ThreeSheds

Sorry Hayward4x4 - I didn't notice your post earlier - I managed to find one on eBay for £35 delivered which has now arrived and is in pretty good condition - so I am pleased with that. I will be fitting it over the next couple of days.

My other eBay purchase of late I am not so pleased with - it's a headlight described as 'good condition' which has rust on the reflector... :(

Emptor Caveat I guess... Do you have any O/S headlights too?

ThreeSheds

I will have a look and see if i have an os Headlight if you want, £10 + postage if i have. I can do Paypal or cheque or credit card but seeing as i have not long been registered on here your probably not going to want to give me your credit card details! :blink::o:P

You do need a demister by law for MOT, that is if you have a screen!

thanks

Colin