Which V8?

geoffbeaumont

I thought the carb version was 3.5 but EFi was 3.9.......

But have been proved wrong on several occasions (usually by the wife)!

1989 cars introduced with the carb 3.5.

From 1990 ('91 model year) the EFi 3.5 was used (conicided with the introduction of the 5 door model and the alternative beige (instead of blue) interior.

1994 model year (from Sep 93 - Mar 94) introduced the 3.9 EFi

1995 model year (from Mar 94 on) was the facelift "300" version of the car - still with the 3.9 Efi

If standard, a K plate should have the 3.5 Efi.

Hope this helps.

Matt

1989 cars introduced with the carb 3.5.

From 1990 ('91 model year) the EFi 3.5 was used (conicided with the introduction of the 5 door model and the alternative beige (instead of blue) interior.

1994 model year (from Sep 93 - Mar 94) introduced the 3.9 EFi

1995 model year (from Mar 94 on) was the facelift "300" version of the car - still with the 3.9 Efi

If standard, a K plate should have the 3.5 Efi.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Cheers - I had found a site selling engine ECUs that seemed to suggest there was an overlap (92-93) where both 3.5 and 3.9 were available in the Discovery, but everywhere else tallies with your version.

Looks like it's a 3.5 I'm getting then - Robhybrid thought it was 3.9 but phoned me up today to say he had a nasty suspicion it was actually a 3.5. He's still doing me a huge favour so I'm not exactly complaining...

• 1 month later...

Just sold my K reg 3.5 Efi which was original. I think if it doesn't have 3.9 cast in the manifold cover its a fair bet its a 3.5.

So whats the big deal whats wrong with a 3.5? you won't ever suffer from a cracked block and you'll hardly notice the power difference!

Just sold my K reg 3.5 Efi which was original. I think if it doesn't have 3.9 cast in the manifold cover its a fair bet its a 3.5.

So whats the big deal whats wrong with a 3.5? you won't ever suffer from a cracked block and you'll hardly notice the power difference!

Geoff

Are you replacing the engine in your rangie

Geoff