Body to Chassis earth strap - Where is it ?

mad_pete

Driver's seat base adjustment seat, sunroof left side motor, heater fan speed setting 2 , alarm and central locking ( you get a fairly random number of doors locking or unlocking ) are all gradually stopping working ( yes I know they do that but). I was wondering is there a body to chassis earth strap I can check ? It's a 3.9 Vogue SE on a H plate.

Also I have a relay half way down the drivers wing top in the engine bay that has rusted though it's 2 earth points and corroded main positive off. ( I'll try to get a picture ) but all the important stuff still works. Any idea what that could be ?

On mine there is an earth from the battery, or close to the battery, that goes to the chassis.

Open the bonnet, look down the left side of the radiator - somewhere to the front of the steering box you might find a black cable that is bolted to the chassis. Cant recall if it connects directly to the battery, engine or bodywork

My RRC has an earth strap from the body (a stud beside the servo) down to the chassis (on the side of the body mount at the front of the drivers footwell).

There are a number of other engine to chassis straps.

What colours are the wires on the relay?

Steve