Problem fitting new Dizzy

Phill B

Fitting a Lucas as a replacement for my tired Deucellier distributor.

I took the old one off, put the new one on and turned it over...no spark.

Took cap off and the rotar arm spins freely.

So took dizzy off and lined it up with the dog again, but no matter how much I try the dog on the dizzy wont engage the dog in the engine. I can line them up easily enough, just no engagement.

So went back to square one and put the Ducellier back on and same again, the bloody dog wont engage the engine one!!

I bet it's something simple but I cant see what!

HELP!!

If the rotor arm is rotating freely, then you obviously not fully engaging the drive. Fully undo the pinch bolt and push the dizzy fully home in the hole. that should be it..........

BUT just thinking, is there a difference with the drive dogs? Have a look at them and see if they are different. If so, change them over, but I really don't think that is the problem.

Todd.

Todd the dizzy is fully home. I've tried every angle and spun the rotor, it just wont click into the drive dog. Its live the dizzy dog wont reach the drive dog

Barton: I checked that. And yes, the dogs are identical.

So frustrating

Barton wins!!

Thanks to Murphy's second law

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong

The dog hadn't fell on the floor, it fell into the engine under the camshaft. It took a bit of a beating but thankfully nothing major, scratches only and the camshaft is fine.

Many thanks guys!!

Barton wins!!

Thanks to Murphy's second law

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong

The dog hadn't fell on the floor, it fell into the engine under the camshaft. It took a bit of a beating but thankfully nothing major, scratches only and the camshaft is fine.

Many thanks guys!!

Wow - that could have been nasty. Certainly something to watch for.

If you've got a Ducellier, get rid. Finally got her going with an elecrtonic Lucas 45D4.

Saaaweeet! such a vast improvement.

Have to defend the Ducellier though. They get a hard time. Mine looks like it's been on there since it was with the Army (eggshell blue). The Duce has done well and can retire gracefully.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-SERIES-EL...1QQcmdZViewItem