Disco II Front lower shock bushes

woff

Well I think I've got to the bottom of the noise that comes up from the front axel. It seems that both my lower shocks have disintergrated. I've ordered a replacement set from foundry and I hope that this will cure the thuds from below.

I looked underneath, held the roll bar and gave it a good shake and to my amazement it looked as if the shock wasn't connected. Just passed MOT aswell.

Bush is just visable in the centre of the pic below.

post-4066-1209398075_thumb.jpg

Is there an easy way of doing these bushes?

I think I'l just lift the front body up with forklift and see what happens.

Cheers in advance.

Hi,

That sounds familiar...

Whilst driving along, if I swing the steering left and right, I too hear a clonk as something shifts...

Many town centers here have sleeping police road bumps...set at an odd angle that really slows people down ---> or wrecks cars if you dont.

I had thought that the bumping sound was the exhaust swinging side ways, but I've just had a look at mine. Or rather a listen... dead easy...the shocks swing freely inside the spring !! And as you said, there is no rubber left in the bush, just dust.

Changing them is described in RAVE, similar to a classic RR but with some modern touches (drain the coolant reservoir !!)

cheers

Simon

No need to drain the coolant bottle, just lift it up and out the way, be careful with the pipes, they go brittle and can snap easily.

Remove the shocker turrets and use a long (or many long) extension(s) to remove the bottom two bolts of the shocker. The bushes will need pressing out.