Milling Machine Cutting Tool Wanted

chrism

Hi guys

Anyone know where i can get a tool so i can machine my own ally fairleads out, i have access to a miller but it doesnt have a tool for the job. Its the one to put the radius on the inside edges. If i cant get one i think i will just use my router slowly!

Chris

I made some of these on a CNC router, with the cutter spinning at about 15,000 rpm.. biggest problem i found was washing the chippings away from the cutrting tool, as routers don't have coolant spray like mills.

It worked OK but we did have some problems with chippings melting and sticking to the cut surface...

Chris,

You don't say whereabouts you are... First place I would look would be eBay - search for 'corner rounding' cutters, then my local 2nd hand machinery place - G&M Tools.

Failing those, somewhere like J&L Industrial will likley have one if you want to pay for it....

hth

Mark

I know they are available pretty cheap but i still need to make my own to my own length, i also have a couple of friends who want some, so will soon find a home for a 4m length of ally. If i have a tool for machining them then i can always run around them again whenever i want to get rid of any chip etc. I think i may have found one through the a local company who are fabricators etc etc. But anyways im in north shropshire if anyone knows anywhere round here

Chris