Muddy Bottom Seven Sisters 14th and 15th June 2008

A quick update to say Devon 4x4 have kindly agreed to support the Muddy Bottom Summer Adventure to Seven Sisters in Wales.

It's still not too late to book for the weekend trip to the famous site which has probably the most varied off roading the UK has to offer. 1600+ acres of terrian ranging from well surfaced tracks to rock gullies and huge hills. This is an excellent weekend for either taking the family or for the hardened challenge competitor wanting something less competive.

The weekend costs just £100 including camping at the Show Caves campsite on Friday and Saturday night. For more information and to download the booking form visit the Muddy Bottom Website.

Also LR4x4 members can get 25% off joining Muddy Bottom by sending me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Take up on this event has been pretty good and we're now nearly up to capacity, but if anybody is still interested we have a few spaces left on a first-come-first-served basis.

Also to stop people getting bored we've arranged a number of themed site tours that we'll be running both days. These are intended to encourage beginners to learn new skills under guidence while giving more experienced off roaders a chance to show off their skills. Themes will included rock crawling, water and hill climbing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well we've now returned from Muddy Bottom's first trip to the fantastic Walters Arena site at Seven Sisters.

We had and excellent turn out of just over 40 vehicles, many with more than 2 people in the car. Most of the trucks were Landrovers, there was also an SJ, a Fourtrack and a Patrol in attendence. Most importantly we had excellent weather.

post-5209-1213734371_thumb.jpg post-5209-1213734286_thumb.jpg

And as promised, there were ROCKS:

post-5209-1213734300_thumb.jpg

and HILLS:

post-5209-1213734339_thumb.jpg

and MUD:

post-5209-1213734418_thumb.jpg

and WATER:

post-5209-1213734239_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all who organized, helped, and attended, we'll see you next year!

Cant just post pics of all the big landys, heres my pics lol

I have to say in dwillcocks' defence he had the best equipt, most capable Freelander I have ever seen. Nice work!

And word had it that you had a little trouble on the way home, but I didn't realise you took the oportunity to carry out a top end rebuild :ph34r:

And the last pic of the minor engine rebuild in a random car park on the way home, (little bit of engine trouble)

That explains how I was able to catch you up despite not leaving the campsite until much later. Passed you as you joined the M3, although I have to admit I was cheating a little by doing the trip in my car rather than the 109.

Steve