2007 defender clutch gearbox problems

as you are know i have a had a few problems with my one

i am in talks with my dealer at present about the problems

can any one shed any light the clutch problems or gear box as a few have been replaced

dan

What is the dealer saying Dan ...something like 'oh no Sir we have not heard of anyone else having problems'?

Guest WALFY
What is the dealer saying Dan ...something like 'oh no Sir we have not heard of anyone else having problems'?

On a similar note, I took mine in for a clonky drivetrain to be told that it's normal :( . So when I said that the replacemment 90 they let me have for the day was broken, because it didn't clonk they then agreed to book mine back in for a more in depth look. Goes in next week and I get a D3 to play with :rolleyes:

well i have it back at present still rejected :angry:

they seemed to have sorted most bits out but the gear box and clutch is still paying up after about 50 min of town driving it get very noisey and hard to change gear. on coasting to a halt in neutral or clutch down i get a loud knocking as the drive slows down this has only happen since a new clutch was fitted

i had a a tect out with me his gear change was worst than mine and would not comit to a problem by the way 90s don,t seem to have the problem as bad

but the 2007 defender book says

the driving experience is further enhanced by new 2007 defender's all-new six-speed transmission. specially developed for heavy-duty applications, it is lighter,stronger and also provides smoother on road performace, slicker gear changes

the dealer is saying they have not had any problems yet but have not sold that many long wheel base to compare my one with

but from the internet i have found other have had gear boxes replaced and clutches fitted

they are going to get land rover down to inspect

dan