ABS Fault Codes

SteveRK

I only recently discovered that my ABS isn't working (passed the MOT though) .

Yep, previous owner had removed the ABS and ETS traction control bulb holders. Yet another snide bodge to be sorted.

Anyway i have carried out the diagnostic procedure and appear to have a 2 - 3 error code which isnt listed :(

Anyone seen this code?

Your first step, if you haven't already, is to clear all the fault codes then go for a drive and see what reappears. Also, if you're using the procedure that flashes the fault codes with the ABS light then it will only show one code - clear that and it will show the next fault it has recorded and so on until the fault register is clear. If it's been MIA for a while I'd just clear them all without bothering to record them (as they may not even be relevent any more), but assuming it errors again read and record each code then look them all up. You'll more than likely find several relating to one area of the system (e.g. left front sensor out of range, left front sensor failed, etc.) which will probably all turn out to be triggered by a single fault. If you're lucky this could turn out to be as simple as a dodgy connection or a sensor out of range.

Cheers Geoff.

Good idea as its had the rear wheel sensors disconnected for a while and possibly other sensors not pushed home fully etc. I will clear them this evening and see what I end up with.

Being a fatalist it will be a differant error 'flashing light' code thats not listed of course!

Bish-Bosh-Bang SORTED!!

Thanks Geoff.

Loads of 'blinking' error codes took a while to clear out but a quick test on the drive and it now goes out at approx' 4mph.

For once an easy fix :lol: And what a good system it is to diagnose ABS faults - Surely not a Lucas system?