Temperature Sender Part Confirmation

Evening,

Been chasing a perceived overheating issue on my 200tdi 90 for a while. (Gauge moves into the black section while driving).

In an attempt to narrow it down, I ordered a new temperature sender.

I received a Britpart Transmitter with the part no. PRC8593.

It's immediatley different to the one in the car, having a much smaller head (the standard one seems to be 13/16s the new one fits inside a 18mm socket) anyway, fitted it anyway and now the guage is even showing even hotter.

So, does anyone know if that's the right part number for a 200tdi Defender sender? I've put the old one back in for the time being, it might be old, but at least I know it's the right part. (And i'd rather the gauge sat in the black than the red!)

Cheers,

Yep correct number BUT go for a genuine LR from your nearest dealer or tell Paddocks you want a genuineLR version.

Thanks Ralph, quickly learning about Britpart bits - i've already been let down by a faulty Britpart thermostat.