V8 Conversion Problems

Icedmunkie

I have fitted my running engine (heard running in previous landrover) and have changed the following items:

Rocker Covers

Water Pump (snapped a bolt so had to take front cover off to replace it)

Bottom Pulley

Valley Gasket

I got somebody else to cut the crank leaveing only a 1/4" and somebody else did the flywheel too, so i don't think there was any problems there, my only concern is that the adapter and flywheel were close but not touching, when I fitted the engine it turned over and was ok but now today tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over then I did it by hand and it wouldn't move, I have piped up the rad and checked everything but not sure what could have gone wrong, it was not left to elements and the plugs were left in it!

Has anybody got any suggestions before i pull the box back and have a look at that end?

I have taken the front end off the landy and turned it over it moves a little bit then jams but but when I turn it i am hearing a rubbing noise from somewhere, I am using a Philips conversion plate (anybody had any problems with these). My thinking is that possibly the flywheel and the adapter plate are rubbing, what should the gap be between the pair? Mine is very very minimal or could something else at the end be causing me problems? About to take the seat box out to pull the box back to have a look today but would like some ideas to look at too!