P reg 300 Tdi seat covers

Gary

Hi There

does anybody have pics of a disco with ORIGINAL Land Rover Seat covers fitted?

I have recently purchased a 5 door, 1997 300 Tdi Discovery. I would like to protect

the driver and passanger seats along with the rear dickie seats. All other seating has been removed

to allow the discovery to be used as more of a van type vehicle.

A friend of mine has given me a set of Land Rover seat covers that are supposedly for a Discovery.

I can't believe how many seperate sections of material make up a complete set. I can't work out if these

covers are actually for this model of Discovery? Do the plastic head restraint/grab handles situated on top

of the passenger and driver seats actually come off the main seat structure? That's the only way I can see

of fitting these covers. It might be the case that this cover set is not actually for my model of Land rover?

My friend originally purchased this set off ebay a few years back for a Disco 300 tdi that he use to own but he too

could not figure out how to fit them and just gave up!

Any help gratefully received :)

Kindest Regards, Gary

Even the Land Rover covers are not tailored as such.They are ment to be put on as quickly as pos and any crud that u may have on you dosen't come into contact with the seats.

Not all discos have the grab bar/head rest style of seats.

Didn't know they did them for the dickie seats though.

The first owner of my Discovery had these covers fitted as part of the purchase agreement, by Stratstone Mayfair. The front ones are one piece, the rears are a total of four sections, one for each seat section, and one for each upright section, the covers can be removed and re-installed without the schlep op hooks etc. These covers are 12 years old, and still in perfect condition.

post-4154-1211137272_thumb.jpg

post-4154-1211137286_thumb.jpg

Thankyou guys for your swift replies, much appreciated :)

It appears from looking at the images that the seat covers I have are not for this Discovery :(

I'll take a picture of the set that I have laid out and post up in the next few days to see if anybody can identify

which LR the covers are actually designed for.

I have the same coloured interior as the images from the previous posting. As a matter of interest do you have dickie

seats in the boot area of your discovery and if so, do have covers for them?

Kindest regards, Gary :)

Thankyou guys for your swift replies, much appreciated :)

It appears from looking at the images that the seat covers I have are not for this Discovery :(

I'll take a picture of the set that I have laid out and post up in the next few days to see if anybody can identify

which LR the covers are actually designed for.

I have the same coloured interior as the images from the previous posting. As a matter of interest do you have dickie

seats in the boot area of your discovery and if so, do have covers for them?

Kindest regards, Gary :)

Good morning Gary,

No my Discovery's two rear jump seats do not have covers, I presume they are intended for occasional use only, and folded away, out of harms way.

I hope you can find the covers you are looking for. I was told that in South Africa, they are available, but quite expensive (R 7 500.00????)

Thys