disco spider/alarm

drkwack

Just found Bogmonster's essay on the sider and it's web of deciet, as I read it this little piece of electronic mayhem also controls the standard alarm system, as I intend fitting a toad ( another slimy thing) can I remove the spider totaly, Bogmonster your thoughts much appreciated.

You can fit the "spider bypass" referred to in my Tech Archive thread which is just a plug with the pins hard-wired across to make a permanent connection, so you can fit that and file the spider in the cylindrical storage facility in the corner. I don't know the specifics of the Toad but as you would effectively have a non-immobiliser vehicle, you could then fit that however it is designed to be fitted. You won't be getting rid of the actual alarm though, as that is a separate unit.

You can fit the "spider bypass" referred to in my Tech Archive thread which is just a plug with the pins hard-wired across to make a permanent connection, so you can fit that and file the spider in the cylindrical storage facility in the corner. I don't know the specifics of the Toad but as you would effectively have a non-immobiliser vehicle, you could then fit that however it is designed to be fitted. You won't be getting rid of the actual alarm though, as that is a separate unit.

Sorry for delay in replying, been busy in garage cutting sills out ready to replace, so the spider isnt part of the alarm so where is the alarm hiding or can't you tell me in case the wrong people get the info as well, perhaps a private email will help,

IIRC the alarm ECU is in the passenger footwell though it is a long time since I last looked for one :huh:

You are looking for a little plastic box, green in colour IIRC, with "Lucas 10AS" on it. It's shown in the workshop manual so no great secret :)

:rolleyes:

IIRC the alarm ECU is in the passenger footwell though it is a long time since I last looked for one :huh:

You are looking for a little plastic box, green in colour IIRC, with "Lucas 10AS" on it. It's shown in the workshop manual so no great secret :)

Thanks pal it's like having your own landy mechanic sat in the cupboard, nice knowing you all,