The Saga draws to a close............nearly

Bigant

Hi Guys

First of all a big thank to everyone that replied to my last thread, the gearbox is now firmly and correctly attached to the new engine and having taken note all of the advice I was offered the winner or the person that diagnosed the problem correctly was Les Henson. It was all about the alignment of the clutch plate centre.

So the problem now is that I can't get the engine to start. I have no spark at any of the plugs, I have checked the points fitted a new dizzy cap changed the rotor arm and even swapped the HT leads for another set that I had. The coil is the one that was previously fitted and was working fine.

I have one HT lead running from the centre of the coil and the wire from the distributer is connected to the front connection on the right hand side of the coil as you look at it standing in front of the vehicle. Should there be another wire connected to the coil?

I can't find a spare and in theory if there was one it would be hanging around the engine bay.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome as always.

Cheers

Bigant

Should there be another wire connected to the coil?

Yes, no 12v = no spark, you should have a live ing wire connected to the plus side and the dist to the neg side, if i remember well from my petrol days!

Easy check, put a direct live from the battery and crank, then trace back from behind the dash.........

Grem

Yes, no 12v = no spark, you should have a live ing wire connected to the plus side and the dist to the neg side, if i remember well from my petrol days!

Easy check, put a direct live from the battery and crank, then trace back from behind the dash.........

Grem

HI Mate

Thanks for the info, there must be a wire that I have missed or lost during the engine transplant.

Regards

Bigant