Exmoor Trim - Rear Load space forward facing seats

Hi,

We're looking at a 95 300tdi 90 CSW tomorrow with a view to it replacing our Euro box. As we have two children under 4, I want to swap out two of the fold down seats in the back with a forward facing locking seat to accomodate the youngest child seat - the older one will sit in the front in his own car seat as he does in my 110.

Has anyone any experience of Exmoor's load space forward locking seats ? Looking at their web page it does NOT look like they include the seat belt and they are £460 + Vat !! plus extra for the headrest and the armrest!! Will be getting near £600 by the time it's all ordered and that's serious money in my book. Is Exmoor kit any good? I rang them about two years ago regarding child seats and I the experience was'nt pleasant. Have they got any better?

cheers

Worth every penny for piece of mind..

Build the cost into your budget for whatever you get.

Having a family myself, Id consider a 110 as you soon need the space !

they say : Fully integrated 3 point inertia belt, so you wont need to get extra

Hi Nic,

Yes - nothing comes 2nd to the families safety. The 90 is to replace my wifes Golf. Just found their website with a lot of details on there. Looks like a 4 week wait for the seat though - must be made to order considering the trim options available.

Test drive this morning ...we will see...

We had a similar situation with our two children in our 90. A friend built me some beautiful brackets which allowed me to bolt securely two defender centre seats, forward facing, half on the wheelboxes, and added two 3 point seatbelts (from Exmoor) using all the necessary brackets and spreader plates. We used these with two high backed booster seats for several years for a total cost of around 150 pounds when the children were between 2 and 6.

I still have the brackets available F.O.C if they would be of use to you.

Now owning a 110 TDI SW (actually two of them), this demonstrated to me that we really should have bought one a long time ago, so much easier are they to load kids in and out.

The 90 is do-able, but the 110 soooo much easier on the back.

Hi,

We're looking at a 95 300tdi 90 CSW tomorrow with a view to it replacing our Euro box. As we have two children under 4, I want to swap out two of the fold down seats in the back with a forward facing locking seat to accomodate the youngest child seat - the older one will sit in the front in his own car seat as he does in my 110.

Has anyone any experience of Exmoor's load space forward locking seats ? Looking at their web page it does NOT look like they include the seat belt and they are £460 + Vat !! plus extra for the headrest and the armrest!! Will be getting near £600 by the time it's all ordered and that's serious money in my book. Is Exmoor kit any good? I rang them about two years ago regarding child seats and I the experience was'nt pleasant. Have they got any better?

cheers

Done it :lol:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23208

Get the forward facing ones from the new defender 90 .. much better.