RRC 3.5 V8 and 4sp box into my 200tdi 90?

is it gonna go? cant find anyone to tell me anywhere. IIRC the gearbox is an LT95.

cant really be bothered fabbing the mounts up as the whole point of fitting it is convineience. just want rid of the poo tdi.

while im at it what about thr 4spd auto range rover box?

any help is appreciated.

Tom

is it gonna go? cant find anyone to tell me anywhere. IIRC the gearbox is an LT95.

cant really be bothered fabbing the mounts up as the whole point of fitting it is convineience. just want rid of the poo tdi.

while im at it what about thr 4spd auto range rover box?

any help is appreciated.

Tom

I would GUESS that the engine mounts will be wrong design in the wrong place.

4 speed auto will be very nice to drive. Gearbox mounts will probably be correct but again might need moving.

I switched my nas from R380 manual to auto with no changes to the GEARBOX mounts but of course LR built the nas with the 3.9litre V8.

Make sure you drive the donor vehicle and from cold. Check that the auto changes gear in 'D' I had problems with mine after a while due to crud inside the box blocking the oilways and gear changing doesn't happen for a few miles from cold which is a right PITA.

Glad to see a petrol head amongst the forum, most people nowadays are changing from V8 to dirty diesel :(

My nas on the R380 manual did 18mpg on a good run and my auto on a good run gives 15mpg. Mine runs on LPG and costs 22 pence per mile at 54 pence per litre.

Hopefully someone who has done a conversion will be along soon :lol:

yip the auto will fit coz i did mine (3.5 v8, 4speed auto and defender transfer box) works a treat but you'll have to move the chassis engine mounts forward what i did was

1, cut mounts off the chassis

2, fit the engine transmission and transferbox in the chassis and bolt the transmission mounts in

3, fit the engine mounts to the engine lower into position and weld the mounts back onto the chassis

job done even the props lined up and boltted straight on.

i'm running 35-12.50X15s and with the 90 transfer box and the auto box it runs a treat

right, might have to get the tape measure out then.

its not so much of a donor vehicle, just got a few engines and boxes lying around you know how it is. but no worrys, rebuilding auto boxes isnt rocket salad anyway. and engines are even easyer. but ive never probed into diesel injector pumps, hence not wanting one in my 90! lol.