Paul Rutter Land Rover, W.Sussex

DrRob

Anybody used Paul Rutter down in Pagham, West Sussex for welding / repair work? I've heard he is an experienced LR guy (40years+) which gives me a good feeling :rolleyes:

Appreciate any feedback....

Thanks

Guest otchie1
Anybody used Paul Rutter down in Pagham, West Sussex for welding / repair work? I've heard he is an experienced LR guy (40years+) which gives me a good feeling :rolleyes:

Appreciate any feedback....

Thanks

Recommend without hesitation.

I took my 110CSW there for a rear X member last year and all was good.

It's a little out of the way, old fashioned workshop where things get done.

The courtesy car was a equally old fashioned :rolleyes: but worked right enough.

Thanks for that! I got the same feeling when I spoke to him earlier today.

I'll pop down and see him soon. Old workshops tend to be the best ones in my experience!

Cheers :rolleyes:

I hav used him for bits and pieces - very good has lots of old stuff there

Or try Henry Potter at West Dean - even more old fashioned and maybe cheaper

HERE

Also chichester 4 x 4 are very good

They all know land rovers inside out

Steve

I hav used him for bits and pieces - very good has lots of old stuff there

Or try Henry Potter at West Dean - even more old fashioned and maybe cheaper

HERE

Also chichester 4 x 4 are very good

They all know land rovers inside out

Steve

Steve

Cheers. Is Henry P the same as Boxall LR or a different outfit? Location looks very close. I'm looking specifically for a good inner wing repairer. Get most of my spares from Paddocks.

Good to know all the local experts though. Appreciate your thoughts.

Rob

Rob

Henry Potter and Boxalls are different companies - HP is more of a service/repair place - he is a little rough and ready but know's LR's IMHO

Boxalls use to do service/repairs but now only supply spares - hes not as cheap as paddocks but can get anything you need

Hope this helps

Steve

Paul Rutter - ummmmmm. I wouldn't with yours. Made a right Horlicks of my RR.

Chi 4x4 - Excellent. Recommend without hesitation.

Boxalls - As previous post, pretty much only spares now.

Henry Potter - Been there donkeys years. Very agricultural.

Guest otchie1

Range Rovers are probably a little too new fangled for him. :lol:

Chi 4x4 - Excellent. Recommend without hesitation.

Boxalls - As previous post, pretty much only spares now.

Henry Potter - Been there donkeys years. Very agricultural.

Can you elaborate on what happened with the RR? I've heard some good things about him so find this comment interesting. Appreciate any info.

Essentially looking for someone to repair / replace inner wings. Decision to be made depending on whether they can be patched or not....rotten around the body mount areas....

Who would you use???

Can you elaborate on what happened with the RR? I've heard some good things about him so find this comment interesting. Appreciate any info.

Essentially looking for someone to repair / replace inner wings. Decision to be made depending on whether they can be patched or not....rotten around the body mount areas....

Who would you use???

Workshop is a shed and a dirty one at that. I watched him put some snake oil into my autobox to cure a leaky cooler pipe. That was one thing, but the fact that the funnel he used was full of grit and muck didn't inspire confidence. He did some work on the front swivels and the ABS was never the same again (despite taking it back twice), the sensor was incorrectly seated. He used some bit of exhaust he had 'on the shelf' that was incorrect for the vehicle. There were a couple of other things that I can't recall at the moment. If I had asked him to bodge an old banger it that would be one thing, but this was a mint 50k LSE. Oh, to top it all he advertises IIRC £25 an hour, but he charged about double the LR alloted time to do the jobs!

Having said all this, he is a pleasant enough guy but, call me old fashioned, I look for a bit more when employing so called professionals.

Chichester 4x4 on the other hand have a very clean and professional workshop with pleasant helpful and knowledgeable staff (Phil and Alan). Used them a lot and never had a problem. Very good local reputation. You get what you pay for.

All I would say is if it is just welding you are looking for do you need an LR garage. Maybe try a good local welder? Garage rates at £40-50 an hour, you could end up paying more than the vehicle is worth.

Guest otchie1
.... but this was a mint 50k LSE.rth.

You took a mint LSE to a man in a shed? :lol::lol:

Mine was a 20 year old 110 that needed some welding - for THAT I'd recommend him, not rebuilding gearboxes or anything fancy.