300tdi r380 Hard to get in gear and rumbly

kiall

On my mates Disco we changed the gearbox about 3 months ago with a unit from ashcrofts , we also replace rear crank seal pilot bearing and clutch and beefed up the pivot point on the fork

Now the problem is he is finding it hard to select gears and putting the clutch down in first it continues to drive slighty , i havent been out to look at it going tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas i thought at first might be the slave but as said i havent had a look at it

On my mates Disco we changed the gearbox about 3 months ago with a unit from ashcrofts , we also replace rear crank seal pilot bearing and clutch and beefed up the pivot point on the fork

Now the problem is he is finding it hard to select gears and putting the clutch down in first it continues to drive slighty , i havent been out to look at it going tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas i thought at first might be the slave but as said i havent had a look at it

Hi if you have reinforced the fork by welding in the hollow nearest to the engine when installed you will effectively have shortened the clutch slave cylinder rod, if not that way then it souds likely that the slave is leaking back or the master is leaking slightly, try pumping pedal and then clamping rubber hose to slave cylinder keep trying to select deselect gear if it starts crunching slave is shot as you have taken master out of circuit by clamping pipe, best of luck.

Hi if you have reinforced the fork by welding in the hollow nearest to the engine when installed you will effectively have shortened the clutch slave cylinder rod, if not that way then it souds likely that the slave is leaking back or the master is leaking slightly, try pumping pedal and then clamping rubber hose to slave cylinder keep trying to select deselect gear if it starts crunching slave is shot as you have taken master out of circuit by clamping pipe, best of luck.

Sorry got the clutch rod bit wrong ,you will have lengthened it so may have problems selecting gear because you have restricted the movement available, but if you have strengthened it on the rear forget all this twaddle and carry on the test by clamping the flexi.

Well went over to his tonight jumped in fired it up , in neutral clutch up no noise clutch down rumble, so i removed the slave to be greeted but a lump of metal , turns out to be one of the lugs on the pressure/cover place that holds one of the 3 spring it has snapped of the clutch was a ap unit , so engine out at the weekend :(