Cooling system problem!

Typsey

After the mess around with the fuel system, I now have another problem.

About 6 months ago I had the P Gasket changed because I noticed a leak there. At the same time I had the Water Pump, Thermostat, and coolant changed.

Yesterday after noticing an unusual sound (above the normal squeeling from the fan belt) I had a look under the bonnet and saw that the P Gasket again appears to be leaking and there is a terrible noise coming from the Water Pump.

Whilst I have been driving it, I have noticed that the temp guage now sits slightly higher than it had been previously.

What do you think may be causing the failure of the P Gasket?

Could the Water Pump be knackered?

Do I have any recourse against the garage that did the work?

Thanks

Typsey

If the P' gasket is leaking, then you may have some recourse with the garage? You can only ask.

As for the noise, are you sure it's the water pump?

The 300 is very prone to a chattering/squealing noise from the drive belt tensioner or drive belt itself. Try dropping a bit of talc onto the belt to quieten it down. Then a bit of 3in1 oil on the tensioner and tensioner pulley bearing.

If the P' gasket is leaking, then you may have some recourse with the garage? You can only ask.

As for the noise, are you sure it's the water pump?

The 300 is very prone to a chattering/squealing noise from the drive belt tensioner or drive belt itself. Try dropping a bit of talc onto the belt to quieten it down. Then a bit of 3in1 oil on the tensioner and tensioner pulley bearing.

Pretty certain it's the water pump. The belt squeeled anyway, but the noise always came from an area just near the tensioner. This time it is coming from the waterpump.

• 2 weeks later...

My garage replaced the water pump for free. Does appear to be working like it used to before the problem. However, it seems to be still making a lot of noise from the belt. If I have it changed do you think it will sort it out?

Any quick fixes?