Freight Rover Diesel

Hello. New here. I have a SIII SWB with a Freight Rover 2.5l na diesel installed. My timing belt just broke on the trail last weekend and now I'm trying to find a replacement belt, timing cover gasket and dust seal.

These parts are different from the Land Rover parts and I'm having difficulties finding a supplier. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm a little unsure whether this is an interference engine. Will the piston have hit the valves when it broke? I'm thnking I'm up for some head work too.

Thanks.

Leyland DAF I think are the main agent. No need to remove the head though, just the rockers in order to replace the bent pushrods.

Pushrods are Land Rover parts, as is the belt tensioner. Only the belt and idler wheel need to be sourced elsewhere.

Les.

Leyland DAF I think are the main agent. No need to remove the head though, just the rockers in order to replace the bent pushrods.

Pushrods are Land Rover parts, as is the belt tensioner. Only the belt and idler wheel need to be sourced elsewhere.

Les.

Thanks very much. So the piston would bend the pushrods via the valves rather than the valves actually bending? That would be good news. I'll do a compression test once I've replaced the belt to see if the valves are seating properly.

I'll search the web for a contact for Leyland DAF, however, if you know how i can find them that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again. Once again, a Land Rover forum comes to my rescue.

Rohan.

Just a thought. 'Leyland DAF' are now known as LDV Vans these days so search for a LDV dealer in your area. Some LDV dealerships are still attached to a DAF truck dealership, however, the only connection between the two companies these days is an historical one.