vibration after fitting lift kit

Mark

I have fitted the 2" lift suspension off my white 200TDI manual disco onto my green 300TDI auto disco... and I now get a vibration through the vehicle whic wasn't there before. My initialt thoughts are that the propshaft UJs need some attention, but I also wonder if the length of the prop on this engine/gearbox combintation was an issue when combined witha 2" lift?

Anyone else had propshaft issues on a 300 Auto?

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

I had vibration issues caused by the change in rear diff pinion angle on mine after I fitted the 2" lift. I solved it by fitting longer radius arms which corrected the angle. I also found the rubber donut only lasted about 6 months after I lifted mine.

On the front I ended up with a double cardon prob but I also have castor corrected hockey sticks.

Vibes 99.9% likely to be from front prop. This is common of trait of the Disco post-list. The cure is a Double Cardan front prop of the same type fitted to D2. LR version doesn't have grease nipples. A good aftermarket custom version will.

My 300Tdi Auto displayed exactly the same vibration problems you describe immediately following a lift. DC prop fitted. Result - instant cure.

As above. It's a good idea to swap the rear prop for an earlier Disco or RR version so you can do away with the crappy rubber donut. You'll also need to swap the rear diff pinion flange from the three bolt to a four bolt fixing. You can rob one from a scrap diff (don't forget to retrieve the thick spacer/washer that lives behind the pinion flange) or Britpart does a kit that includes everything you need including flange, seal, new nut and the spacer. Since you may as well pop in a new pinion seal anyway, the kit is a good way to go. Sorry don't know the part number but if you ask an independent supplier to source it it'll be listed as a 'pinion flange kit' or similar for a 200Tdi Disco or any Defender axle.

Thanks for the responses chaps... having sold the DC front prop I had kicking about and got rid of several scrap diffs, I guess I need to go shopping.... typical. :rolleyes:

Have a word with the other Adrian..........