Nanocom Firmware 2.01 bugs????

MattH

Hi all,

just got the unlock codes for the discovery SLABS on my new nanocom with firmware 2.01 already in. I have had a quick play and noticed that the section where you can activate the warning lamps etc dont function as they should!

think its in the inputs section of the SLABS, if I try and test the ABS warning lamp on the dash by turning it on using the nanocom or the PC it makes the traction control lamp light instead.

I think there are a few others that are wrong but havent had time to check them all, when I set the ABS pump running is scared me silly :o

Anyone else with this firmware noticed any problems? I will have a proper look tommorow and try and log some of the errors before emailing nanocom.

is it just me or is there no decent instructions in how to use it :(

PS I am guessing I could increse the ride height of the air springs at the back a little by tweakiing the settings but cant read the file? any suggestions.

Thanks

Unrelated to the Discovery, but when I use the MIL lamp test on the Defender it doesn't light... but does so when your turn the ignition on so I know where is nothing wrong with the lamp... Other than that v2 has been fine, but as I said this is on the Defender :)

I emailed Nanocom yesterday morning about the bug and asked how to set the ride height and got this respose later in the day.

Hi,

I already fix this bug, the output was all shifted by 1.

To set the height you have to use raise left and right or lower right and left to reach the position, after that you have to do the store heights function.

It can happen that this function fail, please retry until it doesn't show any error.

when the sore heights is performed you must turn off the ignition and wait more than 60 seconds, when you turn the ignition on again the new heights should be reached by the car.

Regards

Mattia

Fast reply, excellent service and a great piece of kit :D

Now to learn how to use the rest of it by trial and error :blink:

Matt

Guest diesel_jim

They (nanocom) are pretty good at replying, lots of companies could learn from them... and they're not even English!

when i borrowed my mates nano last week, it never had the setup codes in it, nanocom replied the next day with the codes, and my usename and passord for their forum, which didn;t work, so they instantly setup another for me.

12/10! great service.