Oil in a TD5 engine loom

Orange

Having driven my Discovery 2 for the first time in a couple of weeks tonight, I was plodding along a dual carriageway and the engine seemed to cut out for maybe half a second and then carry on again. It did this a couple of times.

I arrived home to ask SWMBO whether this has happened to her..................."oh, it's been doing it for about a month"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

So, I was looking back through some previous issues of LRM (or LRO, can't remember) as I remembered reading something about it... The first signs of this blokes problems seemed to be the same as mine.........am I in for a treat when I get back from Seven Sisters??

How much of a challenge is changing the wiring loom and is it available from anywhere other that LR?? Or shall I just bite the bullet and get a genuine one?

I'm guessing that the new one would benefit from silicone in all of the possible places...

TIA

Adrian

Change the injector harness which requires a small socket (8mm I think though it might be 10mm) to take off the rocker cover and a new harness for about £40 plus maybe an hour or so of your time. The subject is covered elsewhere on the forums I think but you need to clean out the multiplug that the injector harness goes into and then the red plug at the ECU end if there is oil there, I use switch cleaner others use brake cleaner etc. I don't think there is a non genuine option, never seen one anyway.