Actual size of 255/85/16 BFG

Guest diesel_jim

I've got a few here....

brand spanker on a wolf steel rim, approx 83cm diameter, and 18mm tread depth in the middle of the tyre (this is with a tape measure who's end has a little "hook" thing so without it, you could assume that it would maybe go in another 1 or 2mm, so that depth could become 19~20mm)

and my part worns, done about 2000miles, on deep dish alloys, giving about 81.5~82cm diameter, tread depth about 15mm roughly.

don't know the pressures, couldn't be bothered to put by boots on and open the garage and get my guage! ... :lol::lol:

I've just gone from that size in BFG's to Maxxis 762 Big Horns, and the Maxxis measured up at ;

2650mm circumference @ 30psi = 844mm/33.23" OD on a 6.5" rim.

Basically the same OD as a BFG. My flogged BFG's (less than 3mm tread) measured 2595mm. Both start with aprox. 15mm of tread depth. Both tyre companies claim 33.3" OD's for this size.

Section width (bag to bag) is bigger on the Maxxis at 10.3" vs a neat 10" on the BFGs.

Total tread width on the Maxxis is approx 210mm, a touch wider than the corresponding BFG.

I've got a few here....

brand spanker on a wolf steel rim, approx 83cm diameter, and 18mm tread depth in the middle of the tyre (this is with a tape measure who's end has a little "hook" thing so without it, you could assume that it would maybe go in another 1 or 2mm, so that depth could become 19~20mm)

and my part worns, done about 2000miles, on deep dish alloys, giving about 81.5~82cm diameter, tread depth about 15mm roughly.

don't know the pressures, couldn't be bothered to put by boots on and open the garage and get my guage! ... :lol::lol:

Oddly

I purchased a brand new 255/85/16 MT this week and the new tread depth is 15mm