Checking split relay setup

I have now completed (I think) the battery box and split charge installation but wonder how I can check that all is working properly. I suppose destructive principles would suggest that if neither battery runs flat then it is working but I would prefer something more pro-active.

I wondered about measuring resistance across the two battery connectors on the split charge relay. I reckon there should be 0 when engine off but high when it is running but wondered if there is a better test to confirm it is all operating as expected.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks

Thanks. Is it OK to simply stick a multi-meter on DC-V setting across a battery? I have never been quite sure.

Also I realised my electricals have not yet got to joined up thinking - the resistance should be near 0 when the relay is allowing current to flow (engine running) and high when the relay is preventing flow (engine off)