superwinch EP9

tillmannz

I'm pleased with my EP9, having done everything ask of it quite comfortably including self recovery up a bank out of a ditch whilst the wire was on the forth layer so it doesn't lack grunt, but I haven't had it/abused it for long to find out how well it lasts. Like with a lot things, there is no subsitute for regular maintenance.

Only problem so far (which is not specific to the EP9) has been because most of the winching has been done by myself with no assistance and you rapidly run out of length on the wanderer lead control when rigging it up. As a result the wireless winch controls are looking like a very sensible option.

I have used my EP9 on 2 challenge events dragging the Range Rover into places I never thought it would go - the winch never faultered once!! Excellent value for money and a damn good investment. Excellent for lowering out. The only problem I encountered was that it wasn't overly fast, but it never slowed down!! If you want a winch that is proven and will work when you want it to (presuming regular maintenance) you won't get much better.

I am now running a TDS on my 90 which has competed in one challenge event so far with no complaints yet. The EP9 has been saved for putting in the back... The TDS is good and benefits from being a lot more waterproof, but it's longevity is as yet unproven in the real world...

HTH

Adrian