Muddy tyre rub

After the weeks of procrastinating over which muddy tyres to buy, I eventually went for BFG 265/85. The rear b**gers rub though against the retainer holding the spring when off road and articulating. The front ones rub too. I adjusted the stops, but within days they were rubbing again. Oh, but that maybe because the track rod got a bit bent :unsure:

I take it with the rear rub spacers are the only option?

Cheers,

Paul

Sorry, I can't remember the length of the rear dampers, but they are OME n44 rear. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I had the tyres fitted on Disco steels. Would that make any difference?

Cheers,

Paul

Blimey, Rhys...... I'll have them off you for the price of a second hand set of modulars!!!

Or not :lol:

Although it is suprising how little off set you need to stop the tyres catching. My modulars that are for sale have 4.5" backspacing. This is around standard for a set of mods, however with the beadlockers it brings it out a further 1.5". This then allows the tyre to not catch on anything, even the radius arms, and even on full articulation with an extreme kit. The rockathon wheels that I have bought have 4" backspacing but are 10" wide. They rub like hell :unsure:

Tip would be to go for a small offset really ;)