TDi300 1997 imobaliser

Guest DiscoTD4

Guest DiscoTD4

When I switch off the engine and leave for longer than say 30 secs - even though I have not removed the key - the engine will not fire unless I hit the unlock button on the remote fob. The indicators then light for a few secs and she starts fine.

Is this normal behaviour or indicative of flat batteries in the remote ?

Cheers

When I switch off the engine and leave for longer than say 30 secs - even though I have not removed the key - the engine will not fire unless I hit the unlock button on the remote fob. The indicators then light for a few secs and she starts fine.

Is this normal behaviour or indicative of flat batteries in the remote ?

Cheers

I'm almost sure that according to RAVE this is your case:

QUOTE: Passive Immobilization "30 seconds after ignition has been turned off and the driver's door has been opened"

I think you should check your driver's door switch. It usually losts contact. Does the interior light work correctly when you open the door?

Guest DiscoTD4

Thanks for all the posts - I've been away all weekend and just catching up.

I'm almost sure that according to RAVE this is your case:

QUOTE: Passive Immobilization "30 seconds after ignition has been turned off and the driver's door has been opened"

I think you should check your driver's door switch. It usually losts contact. Does the interior light work correctly when you open the door?

This explains the behavior. If I turn off and get out of the car, leaving the key in the ignition - oopss surely that should be steering lock on a diesel ;) - evidently it goes into passive immobilization mode.

Thanks for that

Cheers