Aftermarket Wheels

Rodewaryer

I fitted the Australian TX-1 wheels to my Discovery. As you can clearly see, with that offset, they do have clearance issues with compression in the rear and turning in the front. I trimmed the plastic valance in the front so turning is no longer an issue, but the compression issue requires a lift. I doubt even stock sized tires would help at the rear so it looks like it's lift time......however, even having said that, after 12 years of the same stock wheels this is a refreshing change to say the least.

discotx1fmv5.jpg

discotx1mft6.jpg

discotx1ljd4.jpg

discotx1dyj6.jpg

Guest DiscoTD4

wow, looks really nice - thanks for sharing the pics.

please post some more when the lifts done. she looks in lovely condition.

cheers

you may find that the lift will not solve your probs if u look in search about camle cuts it will tell you how to solve the catching

its worth doing looks extreem way to solve rob but your back quaters look so nice stright would be a shame to bend one when the wheel catches the back edge

regards mark p.s truk looking good

you may find that the lift will not solve your probs if u look in search about camle cuts it will tell you how to solve the catching

its worth doing looks extreem way to solve rob but your back quaters look so nice stright would be a shame to bend one when the wheel catches the back edge

regards mark p.s truk looking good

Nice looking truck..... i suspect that the fouling issue you're having, is with the outer edge of the tread, or maybe the sidewall fouling ion the outer top edge of the rear arch, and this will not be corrected by any type of camel cut.....

Sadly i suspect a lift of some sort is required....

I'll have to look at what old leafer is saying more closely. My rub issue at the rear is the passenger side only and at the very top of the arch, just inside the arch under the door seam. It's a complicated area and I don't see any mods there being effective. I think the lift is all I can do. Thankfully these are not the off road wheels and tires, I use this size tire on stock wheels off road and the clearances are adequate so far.

Is it possible to only lift the truck about 1.5 inches? I really don't want to ruin on road manners too much.....

Nice looking truck..... i suspect that the fouling issue you're having, is with the outer edge of the tread, or maybe the sidewall fouling ion the outer top edge of the rear arch, and this will not be corrected by any type of camel cut.....

Sadly i suspect a lift of some sort is required....

i agree totaly but even with a lift when the axles articulate they will catch the very back edge of the arch and there are plenty of inch and a half spring around my advice would be go for the hard ones and you will be able to keep your antiroll bar so there sjould be no affect on the road manners of your truck

red line shows were the cut can be made and blue line shows why hope this helps

post-7919-1217968063_thumb.jpg