Part number needed please .

ciderman

Hi Ciderman,

Can you keep us posted on this topic, I went to my local Land Rover Dealer for one of these (air con pulley/tensioner) and the price was stupid....something like £150?!

Are you using one for a second alternator?? As this is what i'm trying to get my head round at the moment.....

Cheers

Mike

Hi Ciderman,

Can you keep us posted on this topic, I went to my local Land Rover Dealer for one of these (air con pulley/tensioner) and the price was stupid....something like £150?!

Are you using one for a second alternator?? As this is what i'm trying to get my head round at the moment.....

Cheers

Mike

Yep I have it already set up and running but Im not to happy about the distance between the crankshaft and the 2nd alternator. The belt seems to wave about abit at about 2000rpm and thought it would be ideal to support it half way .

Its fine at the moment and I havent ever had any problems with belts coming off or wearing out but I just want to improve on it.

And £150 for a tensioner , I think I will lash something up for a lot less .

Is there any chance of posting some pics of your 2nd Alternator set up?? Before I start knocking up something on mine. Also what size alternators are you using and number of batteries?? I want to try and get it right first time as it could be a costly mistake!!lol

Cheers

Mike