Water leak to interior

Julian

My new (to me - sold the old 200tdi) 04 TD5 has a water leak. It filled the rubber mat that I put down on the passenger side floor with rainwater last night. Investigation showed it to be coming from a hole in the cardboard piece fitted behind and forward of the glove box.

Before I go off on a wild goose chase with this or take it back to the dealer for them to investigate, I was wondering if anyone has seen this before (most likely at a guess ;) ) and is aware of an easy fix?

Cheers Julian

PS, not posted for a while because the 200tdi was so reliable - the TD-5 electric fuel pump has already packed in and needed changing - I've had the car one week and it's only done 50,000 miles!

I had this on my 300 tdi it was water coming in down the heater air intake under the bonnet near the widscreen as the rubber gasket had perished i just unbolted it and put some clear silicon round it and it hasnt leaked since oh the reason water got there in the first place was the inner wing drains were blocked,i cleared mine with a wire coat hanger.

I had this on my 300 tdi it was water coming in down the heater air intake under the bonnet near the widscreen as the rubber gasket had perished i just unbolted it and put some clear silicon round it and it hasnt leaked since oh the reason water got there in the first place was the inner wing drains were blocked,i cleared mine with a wire coat hanger.

Thanks, I'm thinking that my car is still a bit new to suffer perished gaskets, but blocked drains on the inner wing would sound very likely.

I wonder if you could describe exactly where these drains are situated so I can give them a poke!

Cheers Julian.