Sankey Trailer Brakes

kev.rev

Hi, I got a sankey 3/4 wide track trailer a few months ago and the brakes didnt work, on further investigation I have found someone has removed the brake shoes and springs. Dose anybody know where I can get a new set of shoes and springs from or what part number they are. Any info would be helpfull. Cheers Kev.

Hi, I got a sankey 3/4 wide track trailer a few months ago and the brakes didnt work, on further investigation I have found someone has removed the brake shoes and springs. Dose anybody know where I can get a new set of shoes and springs from or what part number they are. Any info would be helpfull. Cheers Kev.

Hi Kev, you could have a look at this, picked up from another post on this site. :rolleyes:

Remember to use the search facility..there is loads of useful info I am finding on here....

Best of luck, Eddie

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?act=atta...ost&id=7700 (it's a pdf link to Sankey manual)

mmmmm, i have a narrow track 3/4 tonne. Not sure if the same but if you have drum brakes (shoes) rather than discs, I heard it mentioned that the brake/stub axle was similar if not the same as the old sierra. Maybe a pack of lies but it's my only lead at the moment. I haven't been brave enough to strip my trailer for renovation yet. Parts catalogue is available on internet. but not much use for ordering parts only for maintennance

Paddocks did have brand new tubs for £150 collect only, a while back.

My other plan was to buy a wolf spec hs trailer with disc brakes as a replacement.

only other thought was to graft some stub axles and hub/brakes assemblies from towsure.com or similar.

Maybe someone else can enlighten. :rolleyes:

Pete

mmmmm, i have a narrow track 3/4 tonne. Not sure if the same but if you have drum brakes (shoes) rather than discs, I heard it mentioned that the brake/stub axle was similar if not the same as the old sierra. Maybe a pack of lies but it's my only lead at the moment. I haven't been brave enough to strip my trailer for renovation yet. Parts catalogue is available on internet. but not much use for ordering parts only for maintennance

Paddocks did have brand new tubs for £150 collect only, a while back.

My other plan was to buy a wolf spec hs trailer with disc brakes as a replacement.

only other thought was to graft some stub axles and hub/brakes assemblies from towsure.com or similar.

Maybe someone else can enlighten. :rolleyes:

Pete

Ok, thank you for that. I will have to go to local breakers and get some sierra brake shoes, if I can find one. I will let you know how I get on.

Hi Kev, you could have a look at this, picked up from another post on this site. :rolleyes:

Remember to use the search facility..there is loads of useful info I am finding on here....

Best of luck, Eddie

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?act=atta...ost&id=7700 (it's a pdf link to Sankey manual)

Thank you for that eddie, I have had a look at that manual before but it dose not have any part numbers, at least it shows me what should be inside the drum. Cheers Kev.