Rear passenger window motor replacement

Dorsetfreelander

The rear passenger right hand door electric window mechanism on my 04 freelander has bust. The motor goes OK but various plastic bits seem to have broken such that the window will come down but not up unless I force it by hand. having taken the inner panel off I can see a cable coming out of the top of the motor which seems to be not doing much. So

Do I need to replace the whole unit or is there a simple fix?

Is this easy to replace?

Is there anything special I need to do or know and does anyone know of a cheap source of these things (£95 on ebay)

Thanks Dennis

• 4 weeks later...
The rear passenger right hand door electric window mechanism on my 04 freelander has bust. The motor goes OK but various plastic bits seem to have broken such that the window will come down but not up unless I force it by hand. having taken the inner panel off I can see a cable coming out of the top of the motor which seems to be not doing much. So

Do I need to replace the whole unit or is there a simple fix?

Is this easy to replace?

Is there anything special I need to do or know and does anyone know of a cheap source of these things (£95 on ebay)

Thanks Dennis

my rear talegate one don the same thing only i could not move it up or down, i had to replace the whole thing as the cabel had snaped compleatly and jamed up inside the motor, it was a quite fidely job but i managed to do it with simpel tools, no special tools nessary.