wolf hood help (and part) needed.

cw01

Righto then,

Hello to you all,

I will start with explaining what i want to do.

I have an exmod 110 FFR, and over the past couple of years have been collecting the bits to make it into a wolf lookyalike. I am now pretty much ready to go ahead with this project. The only thing being is, i am missing the correct header rail for the wolf hood.

Now i know that the wolf header rail is to connect a flat strip hood and the header rail i have got is from an old rag top 110, seemingly not compatable.

What i was wondering is,

Could i replace the flat strip in the front of the wolf hood with something small and round (i.e seisal rope or similar) and get away with using the older header rail, or do i have to fork out funny money to get one from Exmoor Trim.

I have asked this in the defender forum (aswell as most of the internet ) also.

Your help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Righto then,

Hello to you all,

I will start with explaining what i want to do.

I have an exmod 110 FFR, and over the past couple of years have been collecting the bits to make it into a wolf lookyalike. I am now pretty much ready to go ahead with this project. The only thing being is, i am missing the correct header rail for the wolf hood.

Now i know that the wolf header rail is to connect a flat strip hood and the header rail i have got is from an old rag top 110, seemingly not compatable.

What i was wondering is,

Could i replace the flat strip in the front of the wolf hood with something small and round (i.e seisal rope or similar) and get away with using the older header rail, or do i have to fork out funny money to get one from Exmoor Trim.

I have asked this in the defender forum (aswell as most of the internet ) also.

Your help would be much appreciated.

post-11068-1222336891_thumb.jpg

post-11068-1222336919_thumb.jpg

post-11068-1222336939_thumb.jpg

post-11068-1222336962_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am in Glasgow. What are you wanting for the rail?.

Is it the type that will hold the flatstrip hood onto the windscreen?.

The one in the picture above looks too long ( or maybe thats just a small door) as the old 90/110 rail that i already have is the correct length ( 1.4m or 4 & 1/2' in old money ) just the wrong design and it is also the one that has clamps that bolt on so you can remove the front of the hood for a sunroof type effect without using tools, the one i need just bolts on i think.

It carries LR part no' rrc8597, although it needn't neccaserily be a land rover genuine part.

Cheers,

Chris.