how to

foxy

What engine?

Radiators don't usually need bleeding. If water isn't circulating through it, then it's either blocked or thermostat is stuck.

Les.

its 2.5 tdi 300 what happen is going long the road and the header tank whent put a new one on the water in the tank is a lot of back pressure going to look at that and flush out the radiator out but will it be the haed gone?

all the best foxy :(

As to your original question, remove the black plastic screw (21mm) from the top of the thermostat housing and fill the engine from there with the header tank cap removed, keep an eye on the header tank level as you do.

Stu.

Black plastic screw :o

I hate them almost as much as KanNot filters :angry:

Get thee to a plumbers shop and fit brass plugs, or even a cast iron stop end before it blows out and takes your engine with it. Buy two, one for the radiator as well on a 300Tdi

Black plastic screw :o

I hate them almost as much as KanNot filters :angry:

Get thee to a plumbers shop and fit brass plugs, or even a cast iron stop end before it blows out and takes your engine with it. Buy two, one for the radiator as well on a 300Tdi

well do you think that i should do the things i was going to do or will it be a a bad thing

A grand to remove a 300TDi head, get it crack tested and maybe skimmed, necessary gaskets/bolts/etc, and put it back together is about £100 for the parts/crack test/skim. It's ok if you're happy to pay £900 for some grease monkey to take it apart and put it back together (maybe 5- hours total labour)

Les.