Workshop Airlines

zim

Afternoon,

I am sick of rubber hoses being draped across the workshop for us to use airtools so fancy fitting hardlines around it.

So what type of steel pipe should i use ? And approximately what sort of price is it ?

At work here we use some pretty heavy duty stuff, and have wide choice of different rated pressure fittings....

Thanks

Gordon

Galvernised steel pipe is what you want to use if you want to go steel, does have its advantages over plastic, depending on the size of your compressor i would go for around 20mm internal diameter, dont forget to add in drain points and make sure the run has a fall, i got all my bits from fwb (google them to see if theres one near you) they cut the pipe to my specs and threaded it so all i had to do was screw it all together and fit it in place

Galvernised steel pipe is what you want to use if you want to go steel, does have its advantages over plastic, depending on the size of your compressor i would go for around 20mm internal diameter, dont forget to add in drain points and make sure the run has a fall, i got all my bits from fwb (google them to see if theres one near you) they cut the pipe to my specs and threaded it so all i had to do was screw it all together and fit it in place

cutting / threading isn't a problem, as we can do that :)

I've been thinking about doing the same thing at my place, and as Landymanluke has already pointed out, standard 15mm copper pipe is suitably rated so I'll be using that. (I checked, and it's actually rated to PN16 - which equates to 16 bar at 20 deg. C - or about 232 psi).

Obviously the fittings will have to be up to it, but I can't see any problem with using it - especially since I'll only be running it at about 100 - 120 psi.

Matt