Quick electrical question

MogLite

With a twin battery setup any reason why the earth connection cannot be connected as

Chassis ->

Battery one ->

Battery two ->

Chassis

Battery one is not normally connected to battery two, but I cannot see it doing any harm

Why do this ?

So I can disconnect the +ve connections in a few seconds, connect them in series to get a 24V temporary connection for an on-board welder :D

I'll be running a split charge if that makes any difference

Simonr - if you are reading this. PM me a price for your relay - just the relay, I'll be doing my own cabling

Throw in a couple of X-eng stickers if you've got em yet.

Nope, no problem. Wire the 24v with 400A andersons and you're in business

Are you sure its for the welder or is it just for your hairdryer and vanity mirror? :D

I put on the door mirrors yesterday, so they will have to double up as a vanity mirror ;)

So it must be for the hair dryer then, oh the joys of having hair :lol:

With a twin battery setup any reason why the earth connection cannot be connected as

Chassis ->

Battery one ->

Battery two ->

Chassis

Battery one is not normally connected to battery two, but I cannot see it doing any harm

Why do this ?

So I can disconnect the +ve connections in a few seconds, connect them in series to get a 24V temporary connection for an on-board welder :D

I don't understand ^^^^ your connection description. If the -ve of both batteries goes to chasis (earth) you would need to undo that when connecting them in series to get 24 V.