Back to Range Rover ownership......?

gibbon

Right, I'm contemplating Range Rover ownership once again..... :rolleyes: I've had a few in the past -

white bobtail pickup 3.5 v8

blue bobtail hardtop 3.5 v8

1972 series bodied hybrid 3.5 v8

oh and the one thats put me off ever owning another......

1995 P38 4.6 HSE, but the engine burgler of Bristol stole the engine and put a Mitsubishi 2.8l diesel 4M40 engine in it, result.... smokey gutless, and couldn't be read/diagnosed on testbook, as the engine ECU wasn't there!!! Doh! :ph34r:

But after a couple of defenders which were 200tdi and 300tdi........... I'm thinking of a return...... :lol:

So... now I'm going classic.....! Thinking bout one of the last ones so thats 1994 / 1995 right??? :huh::unsure: Also engine choice seems to be 3.9 EFI (any others....? :unsure: )which i'd be looking for a gas converted one (eco friendly.....) but would this be a single or multipoint conversion???? :unsure:

In terms of engine choice, would the diesels produced that year of RRC be fitted with a 300tdi or were they still on 200tdi (thinking discovery facelift timescale....)?

Now model choice... whats the options???? Is it Vogue / Vogue SE / Vogue LSE then the Autobiography / Brooklands and limited editions??

Lastly, were all the soft dash models produced with air suspension, coils? or a mixture, I know the air suspension can be converted onto coils but would prefer a late soft dash on coils (after owning a P38 with airbags like whoopie cushions!)

Hhhhmmmm, lots of thinking and head scratching to be done then....... :o:lol::rolleyes::(:blink:

Not to go too far OT but I had a 1990 Classic with the 4M40 that was previously also converted in Bristol.

Never did find out their name.

I would have gone and asked for the 3.9 back as it would have been better on fuel!

Company was Stanton 4x4 - linky here , nice guy running it but t-erd of a conversion!!!! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...