Discovery 1 - fuel sedimenter drain plug + seal

john01473

we serviced my 300 tdi today - all went well right up to trying to undo drain plug - yes it rung off - B!"££$ks.

the stump is still in place and unit is still sealed.

any advice on best next move.

Leave it it place? Remove the whole bowl (nut on top I recall) and clean out then refit.

we serviced my 300 tdi today - all went well right up to trying to undo drain plug - yes it rung off - B!"££$ks.

the stump is still in place and unit is still sealed.

any advice on best next move.

as others have said remove the bowl and clean as the egg yolk gunk if theres any wont come out through the drain plug but get a new set of gaskets top and bottom i didnt but when you aint got them you can guarantee the old ones are knackered ,i got an ice cream tub under the housing after removing the 10mm bolt and tapped the bowl to fall into the tub mine was full of an egg yolk looking substance cleaned and replaced all ok now,chris

as others have said remove the bowl and clean as the egg yolk gunk if theres any wont come out through the drain plug but get a new set of gaskets top and bottom i didnt but when you aint got them you can guarantee the old ones are knackered ,i got an ice cream tub under the housing after removing the 10mm bolt and tapped the bowl to fall into the tub mine was full of an egg yolk looking substance cleaned and replaced all ok now,chris

thanks -

i shall order some new seals then have a go at it.

Big John

remove the whole thing. its carp.

and do like this.

gallery_2023_9_470453.jpg

much more service friendly. (similar filter/function but not so crappy)

btw.. please excuse my english, i`m a simple norwegian.

thanks for picture - see what you mean.

what did you do with the pipes where the unit was?

Big John

at first i joined the pipe, with a ballpoint pen and some ductape :ph34r: .

laying in my skiing-dress under the car on ice in minus 15 `celcius. the filter had for some mysterious reason frozen... :lol:

when i got home i fitted new pipes, all the way.