Driving the length of Wales tomorrow

If you spot me in my zoo zoo give us a flash (the Landy is still broke). Going down to Saundersfoot to pick up a caravan so all day job so hope the weather isn't too bad.

Going down through Wrexham, Oswestry, Buith wells, Camarthen, etc as quick as possible so leaving about 7am with a full tank of gas and no fuel gauge :blink:

post-10430-1223155760_thumb.jpg

post-10430-1223155804_thumb.jpg

post-10430-1223155881_thumb.jpg

allllllllll day only about 3 an a half hours drive :) in me white van anyway

when i do the wales round at work use about £110 fuel but we go slightly further (620 miles) but dont expect it to be fast theres loadsa lorries and when you get south of newtown theres loadsa slow drivers

but lovely drive tho

dave

allllllllll day only about 3 an a half hours drive :) in me white van anyway

when i do the wales round at work use about £110 fuel but we go slightly further (620 miles) but dont expect it to be fast theres loadsa lorries and when you get south of newtown theres loadsa slow drivers

but lovely drive tho

dave

Took me 4 hours to get down there (195 miles) and the zoo zoo did 35 mpg. (£29 +) I ran into a flood at 60mph on the way and it stopped me dead, water over the cab and loads of steam, just spotted it and hit the brakes but too late, thought I'd killed it and bent something. It was about two feet deep in the middle but I managed to plough through in low with the motor reving, woke me up though ! :lol:

Road was clear of traffic and I enjoyed the drive. Saw some lovely Landys coming north, must have been something on.

Coming back I had to pass a few slow drivers and cooked the brakes coming over the top and dropping into Newtown, bit of a scarey moment on one of the bad bends :o

Road flooded at Welshpool (washed the underneath of the caravan) and the road up to Oswestry was closed so had to divert through Shrewsbury and up the A49. That road was empty and I pushed on at 55 to 70 wherever I could. Going to fill up tomorrow and check the fuel on the return, probably not a lot to the gallon judging by the amount of black smoke I was pumping out of the exhaust stack :rolleyes:

Saw some nice Land Rovers coming back as well, if that was you then Hi :D:D:D

the road up to Oswestry was closed so had to divert through Shrewsbury and up the A49. That road was empty and I pushed on at 55 to 70 wherever I could. Going to fill up tomorrow and check the fuel on the return, probably not a lot to the gallon judging by the amount of black smoke I was pumping out of the exhaust stack :rolleyes:

25mpg towing fast :(

Took me 4 hours to get down there (195 miles) and the zoo zoo did 35 mpg. (£29 +) I ran into a flood at 60mph on the way and it stopped me dead, water over the cab and loads of steam, just spotted it and hit the brakes but too late, thought I'd killed it and bent something. It was about two feet deep in the middle but I managed to plough through in low with the motor reving, woke me up though ! :lol:

Road was clear of traffic and I enjoyed the drive. Saw some lovely Landys coming north, must have been something on.

Coming back I had to pass a few slow drivers and cooked the brakes coming over the top and dropping into Newtown, bit of a scarey moment on one of the bad bends :o

Road flooded at Welshpool (washed the underneath of the caravan) and the road up to Oswestry was closed so had to divert through Shrewsbury and up the A49. That road was empty and I pushed on at 55 to 70 wherever I could. Going to fill up tomorrow and check the fuel on the return, probably not a lot to the gallon judging by the amount of black smoke I was pumping out of the exhaust stack :rolleyes:

If they're anything like me then when the water comes out the Landys come out. I had some fun wading yesterday through roads where others were either breaking down or turning round. All the cars I came across were long since abandoned so no-one to help out.

I like the drive to wales after I've got most the way down the M4, people do some stupid things on the M25. Driving round the welsh countryside where half the roads are pretty much greenlanes is nice too.

:lol::lol::lol:

one of the days there were all them big floods every where i went down the police said i'd be fine going threw in me van was over the top of the arches going threw lol was ok tho,

a49 seems to always be empty wat ever happens anywhere else

dave