Drop am compatability?

Lars L

I have tried getting the definitive answer by looking at Bearmach's spare parts lists, but I thought it would be a good idea to ask here as well. ;)

My 110 now has the PAS box from a '94 Disco, complete with its TRE drag link and drop arm. For some reason, the TRE works loose from time to time, and the conical hole in the arm is probably buggered by now.

I have the drop arm and link from the manual steering box and I plan to put that on instead. Any one dead sure wether it will fit or not?

I have wrecked a gear puller trying to get the drop arm off the PAS box before, so now it's time for some other means of persuation. Total destruction and similar... :o:rolleyes:

Drop arms are only interchangable between same make boxs. You can't put an Adwest arm on a Gemmer box or vice versa. There are minor differences in the splined taper on the sector shaft. They will physicaly fit but are liable to work loose.

The Disco pas box should be a 4 bolt Adwest, so long as the manual box was an Adwest you're ok.

If you look at the FRONT of the manual box, if it has a large recessed hex similar to the power box it's an Adwest.

If it has a plate held on by 4 bolts it's a Gemmer.

Not that you all have been thrilled and held your breath, but here's an update. :rolleyes:

I have now been driving around with the nut loosened, but nothing happened... Still stuck as a stuck thing. So yesterday I drilled a hole in the back of the drop arm, along the PAS box axle. Starting with 2,5 mm and progressively up to 8 mm. A few holes inwards along the first hole and a few whacks with a chisel and hammer cracked the arm so it pulled off rather easily.

So now I have the proper 110 gear installed again. B) :)