transmission length

v8bobber

Evenin' all.

Another obscure question.

I have just removed the engine and box (3.5/4sp man) out of my little trialler which is in the process of having a major refurb including new engine / box axles etc etc, however I cannot get down to my donor vehicle 3.9 auto disco for a few days, so.........

I was wondering if anyone knew the distance between engine mounting and gearbox mounting on a 3.9 with auto box-ish. I'm dying to know what the difference is to give me an idea how diffucult it is to get the "new" engine/box in.

I'm hoping to hang the rear of the gearbox where the old one was, and then alter the engine mounts if necessary to suit. However, i do not actually know what the new box mounts look like so that plan may well be a non starter anyway!

Any help much appreciated. I'd post a couple of pics but i think there would be much laughing!

Dave