Is this a 90/110 petrol engine?

TonkaIIa

Evening all,

I've just come around to checking the engine number on my series IIa, the engine number begins with 11HXXXXX. Looking through the Haynes Manual it has come to light this is not a series IIa engine but more likely a 90/110 :unsure:

Searched through the web, and found that the engine number relates to a 90/110 petrol, 2286cc, 8:1CR (Detoxed)

Can anyone help me in what year the engine would be and history of this type of engine, any known problems?

This is currently married up to a series gearbox (Suffix E)

Not sure what the "Detoxed" mean either!

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Evening all,

I've just come around to checking the engine number on my series IIa, the engine number begins with 11HXXXXX. Looking through the Haynes Manual it has come to light this is not a series IIa engine but more likely a 90/110 :unsure:

Searched through the web, and found that the engine number relates to a 90/110 petrol, 2286cc, 8:1CR (Detoxed)

Can anyone help me in what year the engine would be and history of this type of engine, any known problems?

This is currently married up to a series gearbox (Suffix E)

Not sure what the "Detoxed" mean either!

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Both the petrol and the diesel 2,25 liter was offered for the first year or two of the 90/110" production run. They are a bit rare.

It's basically the same engine as was fitted to late seriesIII.

Has it got 5 main bearings? If so that'd point to it being a later engine retrofitted - the question then is "how late?" and as Tycho says, I think the 90/110 engines were very similar to the last of the S3s. Detox is their way of saying 'power reduced to scrape through the emissions regs'.