Defender Military Door Tops

SacredDog

Hi everyone, a Newbie here,

I own an Ex-Military 1994MY Defender 130 which has been civilianised. I would like to put the doors back to Military Spec (especially the Drivers side).

I've managed to get hold of a good drivers Door Bottom and was wondering if anyone here can help point me in the right direction for a fully glazed military(i.e. Slanting Glass) Door Top.

I have seen the excellent exploded view of the Door Top here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?act=atta...st&id=16094 does anyone know the part numbers for the respective parts?, just in case I manage to get hold of a second-hand one that needs renovating.

Cheers,

Colin.

Welcome,

The following pics are from the L/R microcat [pics 1 & 2], and the 1986> microcat [ pics 3 & 4].

Notice they are almost identical, but before the wolf { X.D, PULSE, TUL, TUM, Etc, Etc,) call it what you will, was introduced the 90/110 parts were probably about 1/3 cheaper :ph34r:

wolfdoor1.jpg

wolfdoor2.jpg

90110partslist.jpg

90110parts.jpg

Cherrs,

Chris.

Do wolf doors still come with the staples at the top?. I thought the door blinds were just like big bags that you dropped over the door tops, or am i thinking of somthing else :)

If they do what are the fancy blinds like that fit on to them as i dont think ive seen them before.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, exactly what I was after.

All I need now are some door tops.

I've got my eye on a few on eBay, unfortunately most of them seem to be LH ones.

Cheers,

Colin.

Welcome,

The following pics are from the L/R microcat [pics 1 & 2], and the 1986> microcat [ pics 3 & 4].

Notice they are almost identical, but before the wolf { X.D, PULSE, TUL, TUM, Etc, Etc,) call it what you will, was introduced the 90/110 parts were probably about 1/3 cheaper :ph34r:

wolfdoor1.jpg

wolfdoor2.jpg

90110partslist.jpg

90110parts.jpg

Cherrs,

Chris.

The only difference between normal deafener items and XD is that the XD items have some strap loops fitted to the outer face of the top panel - for use with snow blinds ect. Other than that, no difference, either fits either truck.........

Chris, there's that many permutations of doors and CES its impossible to say for sure what they 'come with' nowadays. I know for certain that 9 times out of 10 you'll get the door tops with the staples on if you demand them through the system - I've only ever seen the blinds that slot over the doors for the rear door, the fronts had velcro on jobbies that used the staples on my last FFR, but like I said, there's millions of combinations now.........

• 9 years later...
On 10/22/2008 at 11:52 AM, cw01 said:

Welcome,

wolfdoor1.jpg

wolfdoor2.jpg

90110partslist.jpg

90110parts.jpg

Cherrs,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Are you able to repost the jpegs for the door tops? I am trying to get a full parts list for my FFR and cannot find them anywhere. Hoping you can help.

Cheers,

Paul