Speaker Installation, improvements over factory fit

ashtray

I've got a commercial Disco 300tdi and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of their speaker installations, the standard speakers are shocking to my ears so id like to improve it, i've already got a sub and amp in the boot but has anyone modified the door cards for different installations, im gonna get hold of the a-pillar trims with the tweeters, has anyone tried fitting speakers elsewhere?

thanks lads

I have fitted tweeters on the door card (but not on a disco) easy to fit as they are surface mount and picking the signal from the door speaker via an inline capacitor which comes in the kit.

The standard D1 disco door loudspeakers are 114mm or 4.1/2 inch so to upgrade these use 2way or if you use 3way leave out the tweeter above.

Because the magnets will be thicker u can either remove a bit of door metal to allow the magnet to sit deeper into the door void or use spacer rings.

If you are going to follow the component route you will have to make door pods to house the base speaker using the door bins as a pattern, the midrange will use the existing speaker location.