VDO gauges

JST

i have a VDO gauge and sender. (water temp)

the water temp sender currently fitted to the engine looks exactly the same as the VDO supplied one so i am thinking of just connecting the gauage straight upto the current sender.

Did LR fit VDO gauages and senders as std?

the water temp sender currently fitted to the engine looks exactly the same as the VDO supplied one so i am thinking of just connecting the gauage straight upto the current sender.

The VDO sender comes the same size as the LR one but has to be fitted in it's stead - as I understand the sender has to be calibrated to work with the gauge and mine would not work with the standard sender. That apart I would not trust an old sender and if I had a new one at hand I'd use it.

Adam

I have a VDO temp gauge too, I couldn't get any std LR sender to work correctly with it. Had to use the VDO item.